2/27/2014

Tomorrow is a Friday.

Raise your hand if you recently said you would start blogging again and then promptly failed to do so...

Yup, nailed it.

Saturday I was busy day drinking and playing games with friends.


Cards Against Humanity, Settlers of Catan, and old school Mario Kart. It was epic. Then we drank more and grilled meat because we are American and that's what we do.

I spent Monday night attempting to convince a friend to end things with the guy she is dating. He is over twice her age and it is not a healthy dynamic. He offers her expensive gifts, elaborate vacations, and permanent financial stability. In return she puts up with emotional manipulation and increasing isolation from her friends and family. Not to mention two stepchildren nearly her age. The diamond has been picked out and he is ready to propose... it's a delicate situation. I'm doing my best to talk some sense into her before it's too late.

Last night I made my super mega easy healthy veggie chili. I chop up all the veggies in the fridge, saute them together, add a bunch of beans and some spices, then cook them for a while. Ta da!


Nom nom nom. And now we have leftovers for days so yours truly doesn't have to cook again anytime soon.Winning.

4 comments:

Monica @ The Empty Teacups said...

*raises hand *

That chili looks delicious and i don't even eat chili. And my bf just bought cards against humanity (i may have begged him). I can't wait to play it!

Kaylee @ Just a Girl with a Glass said...

I agree with Monica, I'd totally love a bowl of this chili please and thank you! There is no better way to spend a day!

Lisa @ Naptime Chai said...

I'm just glad you're back!!! And good luck convincing a friend NOT to date someone. I don't think I've ever been successful at that. Nor do I listen to other people's advice when they tell ME not to date someone... (well, before I got married and all of that.)

Haley said...

My co-worker and I ended up getting pregnant around the same time. So we've been on maternity leave together and it is soon coming to an end for both of us. We've vowed to have a day-drinking day together before we both have to grudgingly return to work.
Day drinking with board games- I don't hate it..!