9/19/2014

A New Abode

We found a house! And we're feeling really good about it, it's ridiculous how perfectly perfect it is. The lot is over half an acre. It's in a neighborhood in a great school zone, but tucked back into a cul-de-sac and woods so it feels private. There's a large backyard for Sir Poindexter and future tiny humans to enjoy.


It's two stories plus a finished basement. The entire main floor is hardwood. It used to be a four bedroom until some genius turned the smallest bedroom into a gigantic walk-in closet off the master. 

It's pretty much move-in ready and since the price was right, we're going to be able to redo the kitchen immediately!


I am embarrassingly over-excited about designing my own kitchen. First, that ugly ass wallpaper has got to go. We're going to paint the walls a light turquoise/teal, replace the counter tops with a light gray granite, install a white subway tile back splash, replace the hardware, and replace the grimy old white appliances with sparkly stainless steel ones! I AM SO EXCITED. Ya'll, I have been watching an absurd amount of HGTV recently and am feeling super inspired. Do you want to see an inspiration picture (aka the same picture from my last post)? Of course you do.

via
I can't wait for my shiny new kitchen. Ohmygoodness.

Fingers and toes crossed that all goes well with the inspection and homeboy buying our house in Nashville doesn't bail like a dick. I'm looking forward to having a couple of months to get settled into our new space before baby girl arrives.

4 comments:

shannon said...

WHEEEEE! congrats lady!
it looks adorable! i can't wait to come visit.

Jay T said...

THIS HOUSE SOUNDS AMAZING CAN I MOVE IN??? That wallpaper is AWFUL and it cracks me up. I'm anxious to see more pictures of the house!!! Also another bump picture.

Tami said...

So exciting!!!! Congrats :)

Lisa @ Naptime Chai said...

YAY!!! It looks/sounds beautiful!