8/29/2014

Five things that are making me happy on this lovely Friday.

We got an offer on our house in Nashville last night! Nothing is guaranteed at this point, but it is a good sign regardless.


These boots arrived in the mail yesterday. Thank you for the birthday money, Nana dearest!


They are going to work well with the fall/winter look I am sure I will be rocking 97% of time until the baby arrives: large top, leggings, and scarf. Maternity wear is so damn comfortable, I love it.


Joanna Gaines, the co-host of the HGTV show Fixer Upper, is my new spirit animal. I have been watching an ungodly amount of HGTV with my mother-in-law over the past few weeks, and I am OBSESSED with this chick's style.


She does a sort of farm chic look, which I normally do not like, but she pulls it off like a boss.


White, gray, blue, and hardwood. My decorating mantra. I'm crossing my fingers for exposed beams in our next house SO HARD.


I'm promising myself that we're going to get as much work done as possible in our new house before the baby arrives, because I know that once she arrives all decorating will come to a screeching halt for awhile. (Hoping so hard that we are in a new house before she arrives! I love my inlaws, but don't want to bring my newborn home to their basement.)


But seriously, I'm loving every single house that she decorates. And she manages to juggle mothering four little kids. And her outfits are always on point.


This vegetable noodler (that's what I call it anyways) that my mother-in-law gave me for my birthday. I made zucchini noodles with shrimp and tomatoes tossed in pesto the other night and it was amazeballs. I want to try beets next. I'm about to noodle every vegetable in the kitchen, for serious.


My baby bump. I love love my baby belly, and good thing, because it is growing crazy fast.


1 comment:

Karli at Girls Traveling said...

hey fellow preg gal! if i had a reality tv bestie...it would be that gal too! i'm always in shock and awe at how easy her and her man make it look to have four crazy kids. and her style is enviable. thank you so so much for linking up!!