11/03/2014

I built furniture. I am amazing.

I am a champion. Bold statement, I know. But seriously, I put together an entire IKEA dresser all by myself with minimal swearing in one afternoon. The adventure began with the dresser in the form of three very heavy boxes.


(The lighting for the above picture was terrible, but I knew my husband would not be amused in the least if I made him stop priming the kitchen walls to come move the boxes to the other side of the room just so I could take a pretty picture. Thank goodness Eloise volunteered to do a sassy pose for me.)

My mother-in-law, almost sister-in-law (Lee's brother is getting married Saturday!), and I went to IKEA Friday and returned with treasures including a dresser for the nursery.

People aren't lying when they say that IKEA furniture construction is no joke. The instructions have no words and the pieces are not labeled. What. The. Fuck!?!


Thank goodness I am a genius and showed all those random pieces of wood and small metal bits who was boss. The level of triumph I am currently feeling is akin to if I had cut down the tree myself and built this bad boy from scratch.

I BUILT FURNITURE. I AM AMAZING.


However, this is currently the only piece of furniture in the nursery. I might need to work on that...

PS. Isn't the wall color fabulous? It's called creamy cucumber and I am LOVING it.

3 comments:

Jay T said...

LOVE IT YOU DID SUCH A GREAT JOB YOU ARE AMAZING. Usually when I build Ikea furniture I need alcohol BUUUUT that's not going to help you at all sorry.

Steph G said...

So much applause to you. I love Ikea, but I refuse to be any part of the assembly without being multiple sheets to the wind. I know that isn't an option for you currently, so you deserve a medal and a giant dessert :) Your new place looks fantastic! Congrats!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

No words on the instruction booklet?! DAFUQ?!?! I give you mad props for figuring this out without taking an axe to it.