5/07/2015

The Busy, Busy World of Lillian Isadore

Lillian and I have been crazy busy traveling recently. She has been a total champ for all of it except for when we did six hours in the car in one day... she got a bit extremely pissy about that one.

Here she is doing some light reading in the car (pre-meltdown):



It all started in mid-April when we went to my parent's farm (where she was christened in the church where Lee and I were married)...
then to my aunt and uncle's lake house in Virginia (for lots of visiting with lots of relatives)...
then back home for two days (but with house guests)...
then to Sunset Beach (to spend a week with our good friends/Lillian's godparents)...


then to Asheville with my parents (we went to a small music festival and toured The Biltmore House and Gardens)...


we are currently home for three days...
and are flying to Vermont this evening so Lillian can meet her great grandmother this weekend.

Anyone have advice for flying with a four month old? It's her first flight and I'm going to try realllllly hard not to be that family with the baby that wails the entire time.

Lee was home Tuesday and I passed her off to him and literally slept almost the entire day. I was completely exhausted. I woke up to find her passed out in the Moby while he played video games in his basement man cave (complete with our sweet thrift store granny couch from our newlywed days).


Lillian is becoming more and more interactive and it is so fun! She is grabbing at things and talking constantly.


She smiles the second I walk back into the room which of course gives me all the warm fuzzies every time. And she loves to practice standing.


Apparently I never crawled and went straight to walking at ten months and my mom is convinced she will do the same.

Wish us luck with our flying adventures and hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Megz said...

The things that worked best for our son (we've been on 7 flights with him) were scheduling the flight around his naptime or keeping him awake until the flight, and bringing normal crib stuff in the diaper bag.
We would board last (or hubby would take the bags on and I'd get on last) so I could walk around with him as long as possible and then once we were on the runway I would give him his bottle until we're in the air to alleviate the ear pain. Often then if I cradled him with his crib blanket and maybe a stuffed toy of his he'd pass out for at least most of the flight. Pacifiers help too, if you use those.
Hope the flight goes really well! :)

Lisa @ Naptime Chai said...

Awwww such sweet pictures!! What a great little traveler you have on your hands <3