2/16/2015

No lunch breaks.

I'm currently sipping hot tea and cuddling my sleeping baby while I watch the snow fall outside.


I'm trying reallllllllllllllllly hard to acknowledge the beautiful small moments with her and not lose them among the blur of never ending nighttime feedings, sore boobies, spit up everywhere, and dirty diapers... so many dirty diapers.

I've reached the six week mark. When it is no longer new and sparkly, and the realities of staying at home to care for a tiny human 24/7 begin to set in. To top it off, she is currently in a wail-nonstop-if-anyone-but-my-mom-holds-me phase. So there is no passing her off to my husband when he gets home from work. The only way I can get a moment away from her is if I nurse her to sleep in our bed and then very slowly ninja my way out of our very squeaky old bed. She will not fall asleep on her own. She will not stay asleep if I put her down after she falls asleep in my arms. I wear her. All day. Everyday.


Now don't get me wrong, I am still super stoked about her. She is amazing and I am so lucky to be able to witness each and every adorable thing she does every day. I'm just trying to adjust to this whole mothering a tiny human 24/7 thing. It's for reals. There are no lunch breaks.

1 comment:

Lisa @ Naptime Chai said...

Clara is waaaaay more clingy now than she was as a newborn! I can't get anything done in the house and it's pretty awful, so I feel your pain! Are you wearing her right now? I've found it helps a lot.